I used to scoff at people with the constant mentality of “New Year, New Me!” just because it was ridiculous to me that people were waiting for a year to end to make a difference, when they could just go through with changes at any given time. Or when they would talk so much about their resolutions but they would drop them as soon as it hit January 3rd. But I totally get the concept. Counting days to the new year’s got something comforting. Might give people hope for better things coming.
What I’ve learned
- No matter how low your moment is, there is always a way of getting out, or at least a way to manage with the situation.
- BREATHE. I know you tend to come to conclusions, think of the worst possible scenarios and panic. But take a moment and breathe.
- It feels incredibly refreshing and liberating to let go of the things and people that only drove negativity into my life. I know it’s not always possible – but sometimes we put up with people for too long for the wrong reasons.
- All you can ever do is compromise and you should at least be open and willing to do so.
- Keep your family and friends the closest. We’re all living busy lifestyles but I should make more of an effort to reach out, connect and stay in touch. You can’t take your loved ones for granted.
- People will come and go and love and hurt you. Don’t distrust new people coming into your life because others have been treating you like shit before. You deserve to be loved.
- Don’t let anyone beat you down or make you feel less than. Fuck ’em.
I want less of
- Insecurities and self-doubt
- Trash-talking about anyone, anytime, at all. A foul mouth proves a foul soul.
- Heated conflicts. Even when people annoy the heck out of you, stay your ground.
- Laziness, procrastination.
I want more of
- A healthy relationship with my body image
- Showing appreciation
- Radiating kindness
- Confidence and self-love
- Mental balance, mindfulness
- Reading more books
- Galleries and more plays
- Healthy balanced diet
- Spontaneous trips!
- Realness of my content
What are your hopes for the new year?